Being a servant leader is a great way to grow personal relationships and to excel in business. But how is servant leadership different? Here’s the distinction:
You’ve achieved servant leadership when you focus on helping other people succeed instead of focusing on gaining power and accolades for yourself.
Servant Leader in your Personal Life
If you want to become a servant leader in your personal life, here are some tips:
- Volunteer – By volunteering, you are putting other’s needs ahead of your own.
- Mentor – Seek out people that are not natural leaders. Give hints and responsibility to them and help them achieve goals.
- Be a Planner – Become the planner for your circle of friends but empower your friends to help out.
- Be Supportive – When your friends do a great job with planning, volunteering, or mentoring, help them celebrate. Brag about them to others.
Servant Leader in your Business Life
If you want to become a servant leader in your business life, here are some tips:
- Promote Other’s Success – In business, seek fulfillment from grooming others instead of gaining power and personal fame.
- Teach Servant Leadership – As you mentor others, teach servant leadership by example and help others do the same.
- Bring Light to Other’s Success – When in meetings, spotlight how well others are doing.
- Empower your Employees – Give your employees the reigns, coach them, and let them make mistakes. Don’t solve problems for them, but encourage and empower them to solve their own.
Switching to servant leadership may seem uncomfortable at first, but it pays big dividends down the road. Practice this leadership and share your successes with us below in the comments section.
We hope you enjoy our blog, we share tips about lifestyle improvement, estate planning, travel, technology and organizing your digital life. Our flagship product, The TriggerBox, allows you to quickly and safely deliver documents online with our unique triggers, get a free account here.
If you like this post, you may like these as well:
- 6 Choices that Will Change Your Life
- 6 Easy Steps to Start Estate Planning
- How to Declutter your Digital Life (3 Easy Ways)