Not big on resolutions? Here are 5 beautiful New Year EVOlutions for the New Year to keep you feeling good all year long.
The purpose of our lives is to be happy. There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live. –Dalai Lama
- Be grateful. Every day write down or think of 5 things you are grateful for. The New Year is a great time to think about what you would like to change about your life, but you will be much happier if you first think about everything you are grateful for. It could be something as simple as your child smiling at you or that squirrel you saw running around outside.
- Set aside a few minutes a day to be still and silent. 5 or 10 minutes of meditation a day is better than an hour once or twice a week. Daily meditation helps set the tone for the day of calmness and peace of mind.
- Choose a place to volunteer this year in your community. You can help prepare meals for the less fortunate, help out seniors, veterans, or help at the local animal shelter. Your neighborhood school could always use help with tutoring. Make a commitment to volunteer once a week, month, or year and be consistent.
- Spend more time with your family and friends. Go on a date night with your spouse or take the kids to the park and be in the moment.
- Smile and look people in the eye. Do this with the store clerk, bank teller, mail carrier, anyone you encounter during the day. Smiling is one of the best things in life, it makes you and everyone happy and it’s free! Mother Teresa once said “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
January 1st is a transitional time for some and transitions can be some of the best times for developing a new outlook and new habits. Do something in 2016 that will fill your soul and help you evolve.
We hope you enjoy our blog, we share tips about lifestyle improvement, estate planning, travel, technology and organizing your digital life. Our flagship product, The TriggerBox, allows you to quickly and safely deliver documents online with our unique triggers, sign up for your free account here.
If you like this post, you may like these as well:
- 4 powerful tools that will keep you organized
- Simple Acts of Kindness
- 5 Powerful Ways to Live a More Purposeful Life