Just in time for the holiday season, we’ve curated 10 ways to have a joyful Christmas. We hope you and your family has a wonderful holiday — filled with family, friends and lots of great things to eat.
1) Take some time this holiday season to be appreciative of those who work when they could be with family and friends and those who sacrifice for our needs.
2) Share fellowship with your neighbors (they could be lonely). Do something kind for an elderly neighbor, such as taking them shopping, helping them hang Christmas lights, or bringing over some holiday goodies.
3) Make a list of your favorite holiday songs and play them in your home or car.
4) Make your home smell like the holidays by burning Christmas scented candles or make a scented stovetop potpourri, or scented garland using simple ingredients like the ones found here: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/a24997/diy-holiday-scents/
5) Remember others during the holiday. Does your local mall have an “Angels Tree” with the names of children you can get Christmas gifts for or you can make a donation to your local “bell ringer kettle” outside of the store.
6) Pile in the car at night and drive around to look at all of the Holiday lights and decorations.
7) Decorate your tree, turn the lights out , sit on the couch and enjoy the tree (while listening to holiday music—of course!)
8) Get matching Christmas pajamas for everyone in the family to wear on Christmas Eve. You can even wrap them for everyone to open on Christmas Eve.
9) Have a special, but simple breakfast on Christmas day. It can be a joyful experience for the family. Here’s a recipe for egg nog French toast that you can make the night before: http://www.food.com/recipe/overnight-eggnog-baked-french-toast-15654
10) Play some board games with the family or watch some holiday movies together while sipping hot chocolate. Here’s a link for a printable bingo game. http://www.simplyfreshdesigns.com/2010/12/christmas-bingo-game/
This year, set the goal of having a Christmas filled with Joy. Use the ten ways above as inspiration for achieving this goal. Live your best life by having a peaceful holiday.
Be excited for what this New Year will bring!
We hope you enjoy our blog, we share tips about lifestyle improvement, estate planning, travel, technology and organizing your digital life. Our flagship product, The TriggerBox, allows you to quickly and safely deliver documents online with our unique triggers, sign up for your free account here.
If you like this post, you may like these as well: